Yacht Systems Design EngineerLocation: Norwich
Start Date: 2018-06-11
My prestigious client is the leading brand in high end yachts. They are looking for a Yacht Systems Design Engineer to complete their team in the design department. The main aim of this role is to provide and produce detailed engineering system plans and MBOM's for production.
The Role :
1. Produce detailed 3D Yacht systems and engineering models/drawings
2. Produce accurate Manufacturing Bills of Materials (MBOM) for the purchasing & manufacturing departments.
3. Produce systems engineering layouts & routing to new & existing models.
4. Be able to produce fabrication drawings, including detailed technical. drawings to enable production by the yard and external contractors.
5. Detail weight estimates and load cases for new & existing models.
6. General engineering calculations
7. Have a clear understanding of marine systems used within yachts.
8. Working knowledge of Lloyds/RCD/MCA/DNV rules
9. Occasional travel between yards and manufacturing sites.
Skills & Abilities :
1. Naval Architecture degree or equivalent
2. Design for manufacturing or practical experience in the yachting sector
3. Detailed knowledge of yacht production techniques and processes.
4. Able to work with 2D and 3D Parametric CAD software ideally V5 CATIA.
This is a full time permanent position for the successful candidate.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Please email up to date cv's with a covering letter to email@example.com (agy)