Skilled Potato Farm OperativeLocation: Marsham
Salary: £9.71 - £9.71
My client is a highly successful, progressive and well-respected farming, storage and haulage enterprise in the heart of the North Norfolk countryside. They are dedicated to providing an exceptional service for their customers and other stakeholders, the potato store team are central to the execution of this high level of servce.
Having recently largely increased their land for harvesting they are in need of dedicated and skilled operatives to join their team.
They are looking for a bright and motivated individual to help continue to grow the business, working for most of the year in their cutting-edge potato storage and grading operations as well as getting involved in the harvesting and use of farm machinery. As key personnel in the potato operations you will help in the effective storage and marketing of several thousand tonnes of potatoes. You will work closely with other areas of the business. In addition to this the successful candidate will have a role to play in maintaining the site facilities overall.
It is a role that whilst the basic components of the job are fixed, there will be opportunities to develop and adapt the role based on the experience and skills of the person who fills it. The job is quite active, but also involves a lot of driving manual handling equipment.
· Fluent in English with strong communication skills
· Good numeracy skills
. Forklift license
· Attention to detail and conscientious
· Able to work alone and as part of a team
. PA1 & PA2 necessary, PA4 & PA6 desired
. Experienced in Potato operations, specifically de-stoning, potato planting, irrigation & potato harvesting
· Experienced in driving manual handling equipment with appropriate certificates
· Adaptable in response to customer requirements and often weather driven work timescales
· Full UK driving license
· Experience in working in either a farm and/or factory environment
· Able to identify areas for and drive Continuous Improvement within the operation