CNC Setter Operator (Lathe)Location: Wymondham
Rate: £14.00 - £15.00 per Hour
Start Date: 2021-04-05
Important: CNC Setter Operator (Lathe)
My client, a well known leading manufacturer are currently looking to recruit a CNC Lathe Setter Operator for an ongoing contract on the twilight shift, Monday - Thursday 15:45pm - 01:45am
• Produce components to schedule as supplied
• Machine programming both on and off line
• To insure machine is maintained to optimum condition
• To insure programmes are both efficient and fully backed up.
• Determine tooling requirements for new jobs
• Suggest new manufacturing methods
• Must be able to operate alternative machines as required by supervision
• Assisting other team members as required
• Machine start-up, set-up and programme selection
• Tool selection, cleaning & set-up
• Reading and understanding of Engineering Drawings
• Obtaining of first off parts inspection and maintaining all quality standards
• Completion of batch cards
• Identification of maintenance concerns & first level resolution
• Work in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines including keeping work area and machine clean and tidy
• Responsible for using and keeping in good condition all P.P.E equipment supplied
Qualifications and Experience
• GCSE (or equivalent) Maths
• CNC Machine Operator
• Attention to detail and good communication skills. The ability to read engineering drawings.
• General Machining
• The ability to work as part of a team or individually as and when required A good level of common sense & attention to detail
• Must be able to understand & communicate effectively in English both written & verbal.
• This role can be physically challenging & candidates need to be able to carry out physical tasks.