Senior Infrastructure EngineerLocation: Norwich
Salary: £45,000 - £45,000 per Year
Highbury Recruitment are working with a Client who require Senior Infrastrucure Engineers.
The main focus of this role is to maintain the integrity of the Client IT Windows Server and Storage enterprise architecture with technical solutions by way of governance and change management, and to provide overall architectural ownership of the deployed solutions, and strategic technology guidance for future developments. The role will also include providing third line support of the IT Windows Server and Storage and applications supported by the IT Infrastructure team.
Key responsibilities include:
· To develop, provide input to and deliver the Lotus strategy for all IT Windows Server and Storage within Lotus a
· Providing expert level support for internal environment.
· Involvement in presentations and meetings with Senior management positions.
· Act as Technical lead for significant IT projects
· Technical implementation of IT solutions
· Provide 3rd line support of the IT Infrastructure
· Act as an advocate for the organisation’s IT vision via regular written and in-person communications
· Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment in IT Infrastructure systems
· Facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define system requirements for new technology implementations
· Ensure IT Infrastructure sysstemss adhere to applicable laws and regulations
· Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and pricing
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Wide experience in administering IT systems, providing 3rd line support, within medium/large environments
· Experience with dealing with outsourcing partners and multiple specialist support organisations
· A working knowledge of all Windows server operating systems
· Proficent in operating system patch management
· Working knowledge of Microsoft 365
· Diagnostic tools
· Hypervisor/Virtualisation installation, configuration and administration (VMware / HyperV)
· Good communications skills with all levels of the business
· Capable organiser with some man-management and presentation skills experience
· BSc Degree or Equivalent computer studies
· Professional IT qualification
· ITIL v3 foundation qualification
· Design/Consultancy role for systems integrator/VAR
· Windows desktop operating systems with imaging management and deployment tools
· Experience in a Linux environment